Construction Survey Data Prep Tech
Flanders, New Jersey
NJ’s Premier Heavy Civil Site and Highway Construction company, servicing the NJ/NY/PA market, seeks a Construction Survey Data Prep Technician. The primary focus of the position is the production of 3D Site Surface Models that are utilized in GPS Machine Control enabled heavy equipment.
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to interpret the design engineer’s intent from the various project documents to digitally produce accurate and working 3d surface models as well as the preparation of improvement data for construction layout.
- Previous construction, construction surveying or engineering related experience is required.
- Proficient in the use of CAD/Design/Takeoff related software required. (i.e. Trimble Business Center, AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3d, Agtek, etc.) Knowledge and the ability to utilize Trimble Business Center is a significant plus but will train if necessary.
- Strong math and computation skills.
- Reliable, Honest and possessing a Strong Work Ethic.
- Self-Motivated, Thorough, Organized and Productive with minimal supervision needed.
- Formal education in the Surveying or Civil Engineering fields a plus.
- Possession of a NJ/NY/PA Surveyors License a significant plus.
- Knowledge in the use of GPS Machine Control systems, land surveying field equipment, and/or possession of a FAA UAV Commercial Pilot License, also a plus.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft/Prepare Final Site and Utility As-built plans.
- Preform quantity and earthwork volume takeoffs
- Prepare Cut Sheets
- Prepare Mapping Deliverables including contouring plans and interim as-built plans.
- Maintain relationships with colleagues and stakeholders to facilitate the successful completion of the projects.
- Understand project documentation including Plans and Specifications.
- Recognize errors and understand the processes to resolve.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Perform other duties as assigned.