Heavy Equipment Field Service Technician
LOCATION: Brandywine & District Heights, Maryland
Petillo, a premier heavy civil site and highway construction company, servicing the Northeastern US market, seeks a Heavy Equipment Field Service Technician for Brandywine & District Heights, Maryland.
Full Job Description
As a Heavy Equipment Field Service Technician, you will be diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing standard mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of a wide variety of machines and trucks, including but not limited to heavy construction equipment.
To be successful in this position you should have a strong mechanical aptitude, knowledge of tools applicable to the position and the desire to learn. You should possess a strong sense of urgency and desire to provide superior workmanship. The ability to take direction and work in a team environment is essential to this position as well.
- Inspect, diagnose, troubleshoot, and locate mechanical deficiencies on heavy equipment diesel engines and components.
- Repair and/or replace all components of light and heavy frame assemblies, suspension systems drive trains, electrical systems, steering, braking, material handling, and operator comfort systems.
- Determine extent of necessary repairs including identifying major engine and transmission overhaul needs and prepare orders for required services.
- Tune up engines; diagnose computer controls, modules and air conditioning components using diagnostic equipment.
- Perform welding, fabrication, and modify parts, equipment, miscellaneous structures, and attachments.
- Complete all documentation (work orders, parts orders, inspections, comments, and time sheets) in a legible, accurate and timely manner.
- Perform all work in accordance with established time, quality standards and safety procedures.
- Participate in required safety program, and work in a safe manner.
- Prior experience working as a diesel technician
- Knowledge of complex hydraulics, electrical, computer and mechanical systems, arc and oxygen acetylene welding, test equipment used to diagnose and repair equipment and electronic components of vehicles.
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment safely to diagnose, adjust and repair malfunctions; follow oral and written instructions; read and understand operators and repair manuals; work cooperatively with others; work with minimal supervision and keep required records.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interpret technical information- schematics, technical manuals, technical drawings, technical procedures, and governmental regulations
- Operate equipment and vehicles with possession of all necessary licenses and certificates.
- Skilled in ‘Basic’ computer applications including email and internet usage.
- The ability to communicate through email- sending & receiving notes, attachments.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and communicate technical information.
- Ability to write service reports that effectively communicate required information in an understandable (clear and concise) and useable method.
Petillo offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package, as well as an exceptional work environment. If you wish to complete an application for employment with Petillo, please download and complete this form:
Once you have completed your application, please fax or email it to: (973) 347-6773 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be held in strict confidence by Petillo and someone from our company will contact you shortly in the event of a suitable opening. Thank you for your interest in Petillo!