LOCATION: Prince George’s County, Maryland
Petillo, a premier heavy civil site and highway construction company, servicing the Northeastern US market, seeks a Project Engineer for Prince George’s County in Maryland.
Assist and support Superintendent and Project Manager on assigned projects.
Typical Job Functions
- Assist in the initial set up of project, take-offs, budgets and cost codes.
- Generate, receive, manage and monitor submittals.
- Initiate, prepare, review, track and distribute RFI’s.
- Assist in the project permit process.
- Perform updates to the construction schedule
- Assist with the Change Management systems.
- Assist in the tracking and inventory of materials.
- Assist in the supervision of the daily construction efforts for self-perform and sub-contracted work.
- Maintain communication with Superintendent and Project Manager to ensure proper coordination of the project.
- Aid in the planning of work and scheduling of activities.
- Communicate and enforce the PETILLO Health and Safety Plan.
- Participate in the management of Erosion and Sediment Control.
- Assist in the coordination with adjacent contractors.
- Maintain good relationships with all stakeholders, including representatives of the Owner and Architect/Engineer.
- Coordinate site testing and inspections.
- Prepare and submit Daily Diary Reports.
- Prepare project progress photos.
- Maintain craft labor time and quantity reporting in Heavy Job.
- Monitor costs, including time, equipment and material.
- Attend and participate in project meetings, including sub-contractor meetings.
- Conduct Quality Inspections coordinate with the Owner’s representatives.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
- BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
- Must have prior Heavy/Highway or Site Development experience.
- Knowledge, skills and experience with Maryland construction methods, techniques and standards.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Familiarity with requirements of drawings and specifications and with the terms and conditions of project Contracts, Subcontracts and Purchase Orders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Function and manage effectively as part of a team.
- Self-starter highly motivated.
- Computer knowledge.
- HCSS HeavyJob experience preferred
Petillo Incorporated offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package, as well as an exceptional work environment. If you wish to complete an application for employment with Petillo, please download and complete this form:
Once you have completed your application, please fax or email it to: (973) 347-6773 or email@example.com. All applications will be held in strict confidence by Petillo and someone from our company will contact you shortly in the event of a suitable opening. Thank you for your interest in Petillo Incorporated!