LOCATION: NEW JERSEY
Petillo, a premier heavy civil site and highway construction company, servicing the Northeastern US market, seeks a Superintendent for New Jersey.
Supervise all onsite construction activities and ensure compliance to safety, design, schedule and budget.
Typical Job Functions
- Supervise the daily construction efforts for self-perform and sub contracted work.
- Maintain communication with Project Manager to ensure proper coordination of project.
- Oversee adherence to the Project Schedule.
- Perform planning of work and scheduling of activities.
- Communicate and enforce the PETILLO Health and Safety Plan
- Oversee Erosion and Sediment Control
- Coordinate with adjacent contractors.
- Maintain good relationships with all stakeholders, including representatives of Owner and Architect/Engineer.
- Coordinate release of materials to meet schedule of all activities.
- Coordinate site testing and inspections.
- Prepare and submit Superintendent Daily Reports.
- Maintain craft labor time and quantity reporting in Heavy Job.
- Monitor costs, including time, equipment and material.
- Attend and participate in project meetings, including sub-contractor meetings.
- Coordinate the needs for equipment to support work activities.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
- 5 years’ experience of heavy/mass earth moving and pipe installation.
- Knowledge, skills and experience with New Jersey construction methods, technique and standards.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Familiarity with requirements of drawings and specifications and with the terms and conditions of project Contracts, Subcontracts and Purchase Orders.
- Computer knowledge.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Function and manage effectively as part of a team.
- Strong management skills.
- Self-starter highly motivated.
- Knowledge of Trimble GPS systems
- Ability to delegate work appropriately.
- Strong decision making/problem solving skills.
- OSHA certification.
- First Aid/CPR certification.
Petillo offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package, as well as an exceptional work environment. If you wish to complete an application for employment with Petillo, please download and complete this form.
Once you have completed your application, please fax or email it to: (973) 347-6773 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be held in strict confidence by Petillo and someone from our company will contact you shortly in the event of a suitable opening. Thank you for your interest in Petillo!