Survey Crew Chief – Construction Layout
LOCATION: Greater Washington D.C. / Maryland
The northeast’s premier Civil Site and Heavy Highway Construction Company seeks a Survey Crew Chief with a focus on heavy construction layout for our projects in the Greater Washington D.C. / Maryland area. Successful candidate will possess the ability and knowledge to accurately layout heavy construction improvements and collect essential construction as-built data.
- Work in a safe, professional, and productive manner.
- Maintain and care for all assigned equipment and tools.
- Project GPS calibration and deployment of a local base station.
- Perform geometric calculations for layout work when necessary.
- Efficiently and accurately stake construction improvements including, but not limited to; clearing limits, soil erosion components, underground utilities, grading elements, curbing, concrete structures, etc as a one-man crew.
- Maintain current site models on heavy construction machinery.
- Thoroughly and completely collect the necessary data for as-built mapping needs.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability working as a Surveyor with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Must be prompt, dependable, and punctual.
- A propensity for accurate and organized workmanship.
- Able to read construction plans and documentation with the ability to discern the design engineer’s intent.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to utilize modern survey field equipment including, but not limited to, data collectors, GPS rovers, robotic total stations, compound slope lasers, etc. (experience specific to Trimble survey and machine control products helpful).
- General knowledge of GPS machine control functionality and troubleshooting.
- Computer literate including modern communication and data transfer techniques.
- General understanding of CAD elements.
- Willingness/ability to assume increased responsibilities.
- Available to work overtime as needed.
- Physical ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Able to stand/walk for 8+ hrs/day and perform extensive bending, kneeling, standing, climbing, hiking, digging/shovelling and lifting as required.
- Possess or able to complete additional certifications, i.e. (OSHA 10hr/30hr, etc, Hazwoper, TWIC, etc.)
Petillo offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package, as well as an exceptional work environment. If you wish to complete an application for employment with Petillo, please download and complete this form:
Once you have completed your application, please fax or email it to: (973) 347-6773 or email@example.com. All applications will be held in strict confidence by Petillo and someone from our company will contact you shortly in the event of a suitable opening. Thank you for your interest in Petillo!